Sunday, August 2, 2009

from a margin

[Edinburgh notes]

Home,
It's been a while, hasn't it? I wonder how you are often, me in Scotland an American far and in some ways more alone, and sometimes now consider this sickness longing. How have you slept? Side by side in time at least, on days I'm early enough for breakfast coffee I could reach and kiss you goodnight; and would. It's a new planet here. Windy wetstone city, night with snatchclaws, body-eaters. Tight against phantasmorphic water, soft from above-- I watched the sun spill from a cliffspeak, dancing janglylight, flush blush skysmiles. Wrapped in a hotel-stolen blanket pressed against a plated rock "distance above sea level x" I turn to touch you, this life electric, feel the sun keys: ectoplasm, harmony. Did you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment